On February 26, 2019, Bittrex has informed its customers about an upcoming update to its cutting-edge trading engine that powers both Bittrex and Bittrex International as well as its partner exchanges around the world.
The update is set to happen on Wednesday, February 27, 21:00 UTC. This update will provide customers a faster, more scalable platform and pave the way for additional upgrades and features later this year. After the update orders will be processed at a rate 20 times faster than before.
The Markets and Wallets will be Disabled
To implement this planned technology update, Bittrex will temporarily take markets offline and disable wallets.
According to the official release, Bittrex is making this upgrade to continuously meet the growing demand and interest from current and new digital asset customers around the world.
What to Expect?
- Bittrex.com and International.Bittrex.com will remain online, customers will continue to be able to login and check their balances and customer assets will remain secure throughout the upgrade.
- Wallets will be unavailable for up to 24 hours beginning at 21:00 UTC on Wednesday February 27th; deposits and withdrawals will be disabled until wallets are back online.
- All markets will be offline and trading will be suspended for up to three hours beginning approximately at 22:00 UTC.
- During the update any partially filled orders will be cancelled. All other open orders will remain on the order books.
- Follow our social media channels for real-time updates on the day of the update.
- Maker-Taker and other features for liquidity providers and high-volume traders;
- New ways to add fiat to your accounts;
- Account management improvements (access to full transaction history, account statements, and more);
- New order types and options, including Market Orders;
- More Flexible Conditional Orders which will eliminate the need for reserve funds when making conditional orders, allowing traders more flexibility without tying up money in conditional trades. (NOTE: Conditional Orders will be disabled until this updated functionality goes live).
To get the latest announcements about the upcoming update please follow Bittrex Twitter.
Bittrex exchange was founded in 2014 by three cybersecurity engineers. It is the premier U.S.-based blockchain platform, providing lightning-fast trade execution, dependable digital wallets, and industry-leading security practices. Their objective is to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technology, and driving transformative change.