Google Cloud has said that it will launch a dedicated Digital Assets Team to explore all potentials that come with blockchain-based platforms. Their announcement reads that via the new team, Google Cloud will be well placed to:
“Support customers’ needs in building, transacting, storing value, and deploying new products on blockchain-based platforms.”
Creating a thriving business around blockchain applications might position Google Cloud to leverage the quick-growing momentum behind the decentralized finance (DeFi) opportunities in the crypto market.
While citing blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) like Theta Labs, Hedera, and Dapper Labs as firms that have already created their platforms on top of Google Cloud. The official release adds that the Digital Assets Team is set to undertake several initiatives in the near and long term, including:
- Participating in node authentication and on-chain governance with chosen partners.
- Hosting multiple public BigQuery datasets on their Marketplace, including full blockchain transaction history for Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Band Protocol, Polygon, XRP, Theta, Hedera Hashgraph, and Dogecoin.
- Offering dedicated node hosting remote procedure call (RPC) nodes for the developers, enabling users to deploy blockchain validators on Google Cloud through one click (click to deploy).
- Embracing joint go-to-market initiatives with the ecosystem where Google Cloud can be the connecting tissue between blockchain technologies and traditional enterprise.
- Supporting users and developers to host their nodes on the cleanest cloud in the entire sector, which supports their social, environmental, and governance initiatives.
- Sponsoring co-development and integration into Google’s massive partner ecosystem, including participation in the Google Cloud Marketplace.
- Supporting on-chain governance through participation from Google Cloud executives and senior engineers.
Interestingly, the announcement also states that as the new team keeps growing, it will continue exploring opportunities to ensure that the Google Cloud clients make and receive payments using cryptos.