A fast-paced, growing company developing security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies as well as blockchain applications for individuals and companies, Ledger, is trying to take advantage of the strong storage demand for digital coins globally and prepares something ‘fresh’ for the crypto community.
Its official website welcomes visitors with time countdown and an intriguing headline saying:
“We’ve got big news, anywhere you are.”
Currently, there’s no publicly available information are these ‘big news’ is really a device. Maybe it’s something different? For example – any kind of solution or services? None of Ledger’s social channels give any clue.
Ledger reveals exciting news on January 7, 2019
The image above is the one which welcomes Ledger’s visitors. Its background shows some kind of smooth, black device which might possibly be the one which will be presented on January 7, 2019.
However, some extremely active moves are happening within the Ledger GitHub platform as there are 6 new updates in various Ledger’s repositories in the last 24 hours.
Ledger’s GitHub Repositories updates.
As there’s still a bit less than two days left until the much-anticipated reveal, here are five basic golden rules while using your Ledger:
- Never ever share your 24-word recovery phrase, in any form, with anyone.
- Never ever store your recovery phrase on a computer or smartphone.
- Keep your Recovery sheet physically secure to make sure you can’t lose or destroy it by accident.
- Only trust what you can see on your hardware wallet screen. Verify your receiving address and payment information on your device.
- Always treat information shown on your computer or smartphone screen with caution. Assume that software can get compromised anytime.